Sunday, March 16, 2008

Thing 5: Flickr and more gremlins.

After a long hiatus to get taxes done and dealing with the dreaded financial aid forms for another year of college for 2 kids (and one transfering, making the process more painful and protracted than ever), I am back to SLL2.0 and picking up where I left off, which was looking around Flickr.

Thing 5
More gremlins. After I created an account in Flickr, I tried to download a public Flickr photo (via the button that says Blog it, directly above the photo) to put on my blog, and got an error message. This after, for at least the 3rd time, Google tells me it doesn’t recognize my password (a tangential problem that I will ignore, if I can continue to get onto my blog without going via Google); this, after carefully reviewing the steps I needed to take (having never done it) to download a flickr photo, using blog help and flickr help, and reading all about public versus private, restricted photos. So I do some troubleshooting to find out why I’m getting this error message, and lo and behold, others have had the same thing happen. And there seems to be no fix. Great. Just my luck.

So, instead, here's a photo, called Woman Reading and my commentary, lame as it is.

So many interesting images! I am quickly in image-overload mode when I am in Flickr. But this one, my somewhat arbitrary choice, is a good one for a bibliophile like myself. To echo one viewer's comment, there’s so much to look at in the photo. I like to imagine that the fleeting, sketchy figure is a character she's reading about.

I had fun utilizing tags, searching Flickr for other photos like it. My search strings were "woman reading" and "woman reading window;" a ready demonstration of how powerful the tags are.

No comments: