Thursday, April 10, 2008

Thing 10: Image Generators



I made this banner at Image Chef. I found Image Chef to be the easiest to navigate of the image-generating sites.

Flickr Toys: Saw in Flickr assignment. Made a trading card of my favorite librarian.

Generator Blog: Generates you-name-it: jokes, headlines, posters, band names, jacket messages, boat names, place names (eg, English hamlets), Bob Dylan messages--funny, but a waste of time.

Comic Strip Generator: Junkie, a waste of time. A chat room is below image/sign info--it's most of the screen. I could make church signs (is there a big market for this??). This is one of many web rings (a community of web sites; sounds criminal) -- a web ring of image/sign generators.

So I feel like I've been to the carnival, going to all these sites. Glad to be back.

1 comment:

Nice Guy said...

Here are a couple more waste of time (but fun) image makers:

Upload digital photos @ www.FotoTrix.com (fake magazine covers, digi scrapbooking, etc)

Use live webcam video @ www.SillyWebcam.com (play with your web cam online via Flash)