Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Thing 18: Online word processing. Zoho Writer.

Very cool. I got into Zoho at school, creating an account and poking around a bit, per the assignment; created 2 documents and saw where they were saved in Zoho Writer. My second creation was a note and a link (to SLL2.0 #18!) so I could pick up the assignment from there when I got home. I didn't even have to email it to myself! Of course using Delicious would have been another way to go (bookmarking the site), or just typing in the url or googling it at home, but the point was to utilize this web-based word-processing app. so this was my little test. And the test worked! There was my note with the link when I got into my account. But alas, it was at the top of the intro page that tells you about some of the features of Zoho Writer, just where I'd created it, since I could not find where to create a new doc (a la Word), but I was being invited to edit the Zoho page (the edit button above the page), so I took it.

No comments: